- What is The French Number?
- We are a media company and a member of Atout France, France tourism development agency. We rely on digital innovation & UXs to promote tourism in France and help you share great experiences with new interesting people. When you call the French Number, the people of France answer on the phone…for you! Curious ? Call now.
- How does it work? Who answers when I call?
- When someone outside of France calls The French Number, our telephone platform technology randomly connects the call to a registered French person somewhere in France. Anyone who lives in France and has a French mobile number is able to register as a Telephone Ambassador for France. When you call the French Number you are connected to a random French person. This means that the chances that you are connected to the same French person twice are small - so you have a renewed conversational experience with a different French person every time you call.
- Do I need to speak French to call the French Number?
- No. Our Telephone Ambassadors commit themselves to speak in English (with the French accent of course!) when you call. But you might also want to speak French or try another language. Just ask the Telephone Ambassador what languages he or her speaks.
- How much does it cost?
- The call will be charged as an international call. Please check with your phone operator what your calling rates for France are. You may prefer to call from a special number (see if your country is on the list).
- Do I have to share my identity? Is my phone number shared?
- You are completely anonymous and your private number is never shared. All calls are routed through a switchboard.If someone reports us a specific call that violates French law, we may unregister him.
- Why is no French person answering when I'm calling?
- 1. Lots of people are calling and there is no French person available.
2. France is sleeping. We are in the GMT+1 time zone.
3. If the first French person you are connected to is not able to answer, you will automatically be connected to another French person and another until someone answers.
4. It’s 9.00 pm, and all the French are busy having a “rendez-vous galant” all around the country.
- How do I say Hello in French?
- Simply say “Bonjour” or “Salut”.
- Are the calls recorded? Can I relisten to my private conversations?
- Calls via The French Number may be recorded so that we may give you the possibility to relisten to your conversations (this functionality is offered to you only if you call the platform via a special number - see if your country is on the list). We do not listen to your calls. For other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org